Best Pillow – An Unbiased List of the Top Pillows
SleepKid.com has spent thousands of hours researching and comparing products relating to sleep. We are serious about recommending the correct products for your individual needs. We take in more data points than just our own and encourage our users feedback. At times we are compensated for the links you click at no cost to you. Learn more on our disclosure page here.
Pillows have been slowly gaining importance these past few years. We used to look at them as just a bedroom accessory and nothing else. Nowadays, pillows are getting recognized not just like a sleeping aid but a health aid as well.
There are now multiple pillow reviews that you can consult when buying a pillow. We have seen the influx of different types of pillows for different needs.
When we used to have just bedroom pillows, throw pillows, neck pillows and travel pillows, we now have a wide range of pillows. There are now options like butterfly pillows, mediflow pillows, mediflow water-based pillows, trtl pillows, and neck support pillows.
Pillows can be the difference between great quality sleep or a night of tossing and turning. How do you choose a pillow that can help improve the quality of your sleep? We are going to check some of the best pillows available today and delve deeper into what they have to offer.
Top Picks for Pillows
Sleep Number Standard ComfortFit Pillow – Most Comfortable Pillow
Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo – Longest Warranty
Coop Home Goods Memory Foam Pillow (Firm) – Best Bamboo Pillow
Comfy Sleep Buckwheat Pillow – All Natural Pillow
PerfectFit Pillow – Best Firm Pillow
Royal Hotel’s Down Pillow – Best Down Pillow
Casper Pillow – Upgrade Pillow
#1. Sleep Number ComfortFit Pillow
As its name implies, the ComfortFit pillow is made to give you unrivaled sleeping comfort. Its unique blend of memory foam and premium down alternative fibers makes it soft while still being firm enough to provide you with adequate support while you sleep. The ComfortFit comes in three unique shapes, and you are sure to find one that will suit your preferred sleeping position. Each of their pillows is made to conform to your head and neck, so you don’t wake
Notable Features of ComfortFit Pillow:
- Breathable Lyocell cover – Each pillow has a Lyocell cover that promotes air circulation while you sleep. This helps in keeping you fresh while you sleep even during hot summer nights.
- The ComfortFit Pillow is hypoallergenic – You can keep your family safe from any allergens while they enjoy a good night’s rest.
- Strong Warranty – Each ComfortFit Pillow that you purchase comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
#2. Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo
If you want a pillow that retains its shape and doesn’t flatten out even after extended use, then the Snuggle-Pedic pillow is for you. It has a foam filling that conforms to the shape of your neck and head. Similar to orthopedic pillows, Snuggle-Pedic pillows are perfect for those who need pillows for neck pain. It doubles as a neck support pillow and cervical pillow by making sure that your cervical spine maintains its natural curve while you sleep. This ability also makes it a great pillow for side sleepers, back sleepers, stomach sleepers, and even pregnant sleepers. Thanks to its micro-vented cover, you’re guaranteed to stay cool all night long. You can take advantage of their 120-night trial period with a refund guarantee if the pillow doesn’t meet your expectations and you decide to return it. They also have the most extended warranty in the industry at 20 years.
Notable Features of Snuggle-Pedic:
- Machine Washable – Cleaning the Snuggle-Pedic Pillow is as easy as popping it into the washing machine. You can also air out and fluff up the pillow by machine-drying it for 20 minutes.
- Adjustable height and firmness – The zippered outer cover allows you to adjust the profile and firmness of your pillow. Just add or remove filling to achieve your desired firmness or profile.
- Hypoallergenic – On top of being providing comfort, the Snuggle-Pedic pillow also protects your family from allergens that may cause sneezing fits, rashes or itchy skin. The pillow also has dust-mite resisting properties.
#3. Coop Home Goods Memory Foam Pillow (Firm)
The Coop Home Goods Memory Foam Pillow is the pillow for all the members of your family. You can adjust the height and firmness of this pillow, making it suitable to the preference of any member of your family. By merely reducing or adding filling, you can create a pillow with just the right amount of height and firmness. Its Ultra Soft Proprietary Bamboo Polyester Blend Fabric has temperature-regulating properties that can help keep you fresh.
Notable Features of Coop:
- 100-night trial – Coop Home Goods provides customers with a 100-night trial and guarantees refund for customers who are not 100% satisfied with their purchase.
- Organic – The materials used by Coop Home Goods are low in Volatile Organic Compounds. This is an assurance that your family won’t be exposed to harmful chemical fumes. Low VOC also means that the health of your family is guarded by maintaining the quality of the air in your bedroom.
- Machine Washable – Your Coop Home Goods pillows are machine-washable for easy cleaning. They are also hypoallergenic and dust-mite resistant for your family’s protection.
#4. Comfy Sleep Buckwheat Pillow
Sleepers who want an all-natural pillow will find their perfect pillow in Comfy Sleep Buckwheat Pillow. These pillows are filled with buckwheat hulls that are USA-grown and cleaned without using any type of harmful chemicals. These pillows are covered in soft and durable organic 10oz cotton twill fabric. The cotton used in Comfy Sleep pillows are not just grown in the USA, they are also certified organic by the Texas Department of Agriculture. Although buckwheat pillows are not machine-washable, you can still keep your pillows clean by setting
Notable Features of the Comfy Sleep Buckwheat Pillow:
- Five sizes – Comfy Sleep pillows can be bought in 5 sizes depending on your needs and sleeping style. You can get these pillows in Traditional, Classic, Classic Plus, Standard, and Queen size.
- Adjustable pillows – The zippered cover allows you to customize the support that you need by adding or removing buckwheat hulls.
- Breathable – Buckwheat hulls don’t compress completely to allow for proper air circulation for a relaxed and comfortable sleep.
#5. Perfect Fit Pillow
Perfect Fit pillows are made for those who love sleeping on their sides. This extra firm pillow provides excellent back and neck support. They also offer a firm variant for back sleepers and a medium variant for stomach sleepers. Whatever your sleeping style is, Perfect Fit has you covered. When you purchase a Perfect Fit pillow, you get two pillows, and each of them is filled with soft 100% Slumbersoft polyester fiberfill that always stays lofty.
Notable Features of Perfect Fit Pillow:
- Provides good neck support to make side sleeping comfortable.
- These pillows are made extra-durable by its reinforced corded edge.
- They are easy to clean and machine-washable.
#6. Royal Hotel’s Down Pillow
Royal Hotel’s Down Pillow is the epitome of luxury. The cover is made from 500 thread count cotton for a soft and luxurious feel. Each pillow is filled with 750 Fill Power of 75% white down and 25% small feather. The pillow is made even more elegant with its silky piped edge that also makes the pillow durable and prevents filling from leaking out.
Notable Features of Royal Hotel’s Down Pillow:
- Unlike other feather pillows, Royal Hotel’s doesn’t have feather stems that may poke you in your sleep.
- Comes in Soft, Firm, Medium Firm, Extra Firm, and Adjustable. There’s a Royal Hotel’s Down Pillow available for you, whatever firmness you prefer.
- Allergen-free pillows for a sound and healthy sleep.
#7. Casper Pillow
Most pillows offer either firm support or soft, with Casper Pillows you don’t have to choose just one. It has a unique pillow-in-pillow design that is both soft and supportive. They combined the softness of feather pillows with the level of support found in foam pillows. These two are achieved without using foam or feathers. The core is made from short polyester fibers that make it firm and supportive while the outer layer is formed from long polyester fibers that make it as soft as down pillows.
Notable Features of Casper Pillows:
- Buyers are given a 100-day trial with a refund guarantee if they are not satisfied with the product.
- Fiber clusters are easy to maintain and can be fluffed quickly
- The pillow cover is made of cotton cover that allows good airflow.
Things To Consider When Pillow Shopping
Comfort is the first thing that we consider whenever we buy pillows. Choose a pillow that will keep you comfortable, so you don’t end up tossing and turning the entire night.
Pillows should be durable enough to last for years. Make sure that the materials used in the pillow are of high quality. Pillow covers with double-stitching are also more durable since they don’t easily get undone and won’t leak filling.
Different sleep positions require different pillows. Purchase a pillow that will provide your neck, shoulders, and head with the right amount of support when you sleep. Some sleeping positions also require a particular level of firmness to make sleeping more comfortable.
Your health and that of your family is of paramount importance. Hypoallergenic pillows can act as a barrier between your family and harmful allergens that can develop into life-long allergies.
How We Rate Pillows
There are many different types of pillows. In general, we rate pillows by 6 standards:
- Firmness and Support
- Loft & Adjustability
- Structural integrity & Durability
View our full rating process for pillows.
The amount and quality of sleep that we get each night has far-reaching implications in our health and well-being. It can affect our productivity in school or our workplaces. Lack of sleep can even result in lack of concentration and forgetfulness. This is why we need to make sure that our sleeping aids, including our pillows, are of top-notch quality.
A comfortable pillow is the first step towards a sound and healthy sleep. This is why we need to take time in choosing our pillows. The next time you choose a pillow, choose them as if your family’s health depends on them because they do.